Saturday, May 16, 2009

From the Genie Corner

I am actually trying to blog most of my nazams and here is one of them which I said long ago. Also with this poem, I am trying to revive my Genie corner.

Well, I have, sometimes written poems for my friends, which mostly they wanted to include in their love letters. I found this situation very poetic and shoved it back in my mind to write about it when my mood ripes. Sometimes when I am itchy to write but no specific subject in mind, I recollect all those situations on which I wanted to write. One such day I resolved to write on this situation of love letters ( ख़त ) and here it is

कलम उठाया होगा जब ताब - ऐ - दस्त खो गई होगी
और उठाया होगा जब हर बात खो गई होगी
ख़त लिखने बेठी होगी जब बैठा न जाता होगा
देख के सादा कागज खला आँखों मै पड़ गया होगा

सलाम पर ही रो रो के ऑंखें सूज गई होंगी
अभी लिखा न होगा की साँसे फूल गई होंगी
जुबान पे आया होगा नाम जब बोला न जाता होगा
हाथों को जुम्बिश दी होगी जब लिखा न जाता होगा

हाल पुछा मेरा अपना अहवाल न लिखा गया
और तो सब कुछ कहा मामूल न लिखा गया
कुछ न बन पड़ा जब गर्मी - ऐ - वफूरे अहसास बढ़ी
दो भीगी ऑंखें अपनी ख़त में रख कर भेज दी

No comments: